Ty Gibbs / No. 54 Shriners Toyota GR Supra Preview for Kids – Sports Clips Haircuts VFW Help A Hero 200 Xfinity Race
No. 54 Shriners Children’s 100e Toyota GR Supra Anniversary News and Notes
- DONATE: Ty Gibbs partners with Shriners Children’s to celebrate the healthcare system’s 100th anniversarye anniversary of providing life-changing care, regardless of families’ ability to pay. Here is the link to donate: https://donate.lovetotherescue.org/fundraiser/4054009
- ALREADY PLAYOFF BOUND: By winning the Las Vegas, Atlanta, Richmond, Road America and Michigan NASCAR Xfinity Series races, Ty Gibbs qualified for the Xfinity Playoffs which begin at Texas Motor Speedway on September 24.
- DARLINGTON: Gibbs has two starts at Darlington in Xfinity competition with a best finish in May 2022.
- ONE IN THIRTY-SEVEN: Gibbs made his first career NASCAR Cup Series start last month at Pocono Raceway for 23XI Racing. Gibbs is 37e driver under 20 to take the start of a Cup Series. Gibbs started at the back of the field, but completed the 160 laps and finished an impressive 16e. He participated in five Cup races with a best result of 10e at Michigan International Speedway.
- NEW RECORD: Gibbs is the youngest driver to win nine NASCAR Xfinity Series victories at the age of 19 years, 10 months and two days. The previous record was held by Joey Logano.
- 2021: Gibbs only completed 18 Xfinity races in 2021, but won four races and finished 13e in the final Xfinity Series driver standings. This earned him the Xfinity Rookie of the Year award.
- WHAT A START: In Gibbs’ Xfinity Series debut in February 2021 at Daytona Road Course, he led 14 of 56 laps en route to his first career Xfinity Series win. Gibbs became the youngest driver to win an Xfinity road race at 18 years, 4 months, 16 days. The Charlotte, North Carolina native also became the second-youngest winner in Xfinity Series history after Joey Logano won in June 2008 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta when he was 18 years and 21 days old. .
- IN GOOD COMPANY: Gibbs is the sixth driver to win on his Xfinity Series debut, joining Dale Earnhardt, Joe Ruttman, Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte and Kurt Busch. These five drivers had already participated in the NASCAR Cup series before participating in the Xfinity series.
- ARCA CHAMPIONS: Gibbs became the 2021 ARCA Menard Series champion with 10 wins, plus one win each in ARCA West and ARCA East.
- AT THE TOP OF THE PIT BOX: Veteran crew chief Gayle will oversee the No. 54 team’s efforts during the 2022 season. Gale, a native of Little Rock, Arkansas, led his drivers to two NASCAR Cup Series victories and 35 Xfinity Series wins. The list of drivers Gayle has visited on the way to victory includes Gibbs, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Sam Hornish Jr., Erik Jones, Elliott Sadler, Christopher Bell and John Hunter Nemechek.
- JGR AT DARLINGTON: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 77 total starts at Darlington in Xfinity competition with 11 wins, 36 top fives and 49 top 10s and the team has led 1,321 laps.
- RACE INFO: The NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Darlington is scheduled for 3 p.m. EDT on Saturday, September 3 and will air on USA, SiriusXM Channel 90 and MRN.
Ty Gibbs, pilot of the 54 Shriners Children’s 100e Toyota GR Supra Anniversary
“We are thrilled to have Shriners Children’s on the 54 Toyota GR Supra this week in Darlington. We got to see Shiner’s Children’s Hospital in Greenville, SC, and it’s amazing what they do. They’ve been around for 100 years and have helped 1.3 million children around the world, so it’s great to have them in the car. I hope we can make them win.
Chris Gayle, team leader of the 54 Shiners Children’s 100e Toyota GR Supra Anniversary
“Darlington is a difficult track due to its size and shape with a series of corners longer than the other side of the track. You have to ride the wall and that takes experience and luckily Ty is there. went twice to figure it out. Great to have Shriners Children’s on the car. What they have done for the kids is truly amazing. My wife and I have a young daughter and it reminds me of what they do around the world. for kids. It’s an amazing organization.”